Thursday, April 15, 2021

A Ten Dollar Trip

 Today's fun route (GPS/Ham Radio tech)

We had another beautifully sunny (but Cool) day today, after our supposedly "Last Freeze Warning" in the state of Missouri.
Meaning, of course, a great day for goofing off on the pedal - Catrike .
Trouble is, we had to do a doctor run to Springfield first thing in the morning. 
Thus we assumed we wouldn't be back until mid-afternoon at best.
Howsomever, the trip was not as time consuming as we thought.  Especially nice was the doctor's pronouncement that Jacque will be breathing easier in a few days at most, following doctor recommendations and prescriptions.
We "Did Lunch" at the LA Cafe, only a few blocks from home in the city square, and got home shortly after 2:00 PM, leaving plenty of time for me to saddle up and ride.
Of course, I frittered a bit of time away before I got started, but it worked out okay.
I had a huge black trash bag full of crushed soda cans I wanted to sell to our local recycler, and I also needed a few piddly plumbing items.
Thus after a couple of uncertain starts, I first rode to our closest lumber/hardware store to get $6 worth of PVC caps.  Then I started the much longer trek to S&S recycling on the west end of town.  I thought it would make a nice long ride for the day but it turned out to be only a bit shy of 7 miles.  Good exercise, though, of course..... a couple of quarter mile low grade uphills resulted in almost getting down to Granny Gear - but not quite.  Huff Puff.
Finally arriving at the salvage yard, I was pleased to receive something like $9.97 for my cans, but I was surprised to learn it had only weighed in at 21 pounds. 
Even with that light weight discovery, it WAS much easier on the return trip in spite of more low hills to climb.
As I rode east from the Mountain Grove International Airport (cough, sarcasm) I startled several dozen sleeping cows on the other side of the fence.  You'd think they would be used to seeing me come by so often..... every other month or so.

Ride Started: 3:22 PM           Ride Ended: 4:29 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.9   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 60 F Highest Temp: 75 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  108   Ending BG: 137
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.97
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 5.3 MPH                            8.1 MPH             21.0 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
  1 hour 7  minutes                 44 minutes        23minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment