Monday, April 26, 2021

Monday Madness

 Construction Short Shopping Trip Tracking 

Since the paid construction crew finished the walls and roof shell for Jacque's new sewing room, I am "up to bat" to get most of the interior done.
With my sore feet and brittle diabetes highs and lows, I am decades slower than our Amish bunch of young bucks who threw up their part in a bit less than 2 days.
Just gathering lumber and tools and climbing ladders to measure and see what needs to be done next wore me to a frazzle - several times before NOONish.
I was sitting in my easy chair resting my sore bod when Jacque suggested I should go for a trike ride since it almost always limbers me up and cheers me up.
I wanted to get more work done, but realized I could hitch up the trike B.O.B. trailer and pick up some materials I needed at one of the local lumber/hardware emporiums.  So I went.
First thing, I got stuck in a line of vehicles waiting for the train to pass.  It was a looong one and took 10 or more minutes to clear the crossing so the crossarms would let us through.
There were so many vehicles backed up on both sides of the tracks that I couldn't safely cut left across the street where I needed to for the closest lumber store.
So I made the easier right turn toward the post office - then turned around and waited in a much shorter line of 4 cars.  It still took a frustratingly long time for all the gas powered vehicles to open up enough space for a methane powered, er, that is, human powered one to get through.
I needed an attic gable vent, and while I was poking around finding that, I remembered I needed a bazillion feet of romex wire for all the lights and outlets to be installed.
Wire or ANYthing containing copper or much of any metal is NOT cheap nowadays, as most breathing humans realize.  It HURT to lay out over 70 bucks for 100 feet of wire and a cheap PVC gable vent.
After a long way around the block to actually work up a bit of a sweat, I got back just in time to rest my sore feet again.

Ride Started: 2:57 PM           Ride Ended:  3:43 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 75 F Highest Temp: 84 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  97   Ending BG: 65
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   1.77
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  2.7MPH                              6.3 MPH            14.6 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 39  minutes                          17 minutes         21 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment