Thursday, June 24, 2021

Decent Day, Great Riding Weather

 Tuesday Tracking courtesy of Ham Radio and APRS

My riding has slowed a bit recently, with frequent "treks" to the closest lumber store, nearby post office, and what-have-you, rarely equaling a full mile or so.
The whopping heat and humidity index haven't helped.  Almost two weeks with little or no rain - in MISSOURI ?
Tuesday, 22 June 2021, the day was still in the low to high 90's but it was sunny and clear and not as ugly as it had been for several days.  So I set out to do an around-town ride.
I had an appointment with Wally at our local California Nails salon.
This trip was my once - a - month visit for such comfort.
"California Nails" is on the north side of town but not as far as our area Big Box Store which I usually visit more than once a month.  So  out comes the Catrike and off I went.
After the treatment, which I highly recommend, I rode the roundabout route home.
Of course, several miles pedaling like this resulted in frightful lows in my blood sugar, even though I had suspended the insulin pump for the entire time of the  round trip.  After trying to treat the lows, with sweets of course, I spent much ot the rest of the day and night suffering HIGH blood sugars.  My so-called "metabolism" has changed - evidently - quite a bit in the last year or several months.  Exercise tends to keep my sugar low for longer than I'm used to, and whatever I consume to counteract lows seem to take longer than I'm used to to digest.  I wind up eating too much trying to raise the balky low blood sugar, and when it finally starts raising my blood sugar, it raises it BIG Time and ..... Up and Down. 
Whatever, that's my story.  Thankfully I CAN still ride, without seizures or comas, even when my BG gets frightfully low (30's, 40's, and 50's).

Ride Started: 11:31 AM           Ride Ended: 1:19 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.2   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.7
Lowest Temp:  67 F Highest Temp: 82 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  168   Ending BG: 61
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.77
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 3.1 MPH                              6.4 MPH            20.4 MPH
Total Trip Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
1 hour 51  mins               54 minutes          57 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment