Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Hauling Gas

 Roundabout Route with Propane on Board 

Our BBQ was out of propane.  Jacque thought she should go get a refilled tank, but sensing the opportunity for at least a short ride, I volunteered to take a ride in the Catrike for the trip.
Of course, hauling a bottle of propane, empty or full, is not quite feasible just with the trike alone.  So I hitched up the venerable B.O.B. trailer and set out to go.
Clouds were gathering and Jacque warned that it was supposed to start raining "in 5 minutes".  It wasn't raining YET, so I took off anyway.
The neighbors laughed and waved as I went by, for some reason...



















Not that I look silly or anything.

I got clear down the block and halfway to the next when it DID begin to rain.
I momentarily considered continuing the trip but turned around in spite of myself.
As I pedaled madly back to the house, the same neighbors hoo-rawed me again with shouts of  "HAH!  You're gonna get WET !!"  Which I cheerfully shouted back as I zoomed into the yard and unhooked enough stuff to get the trike under shelter.  When I stepped back in the house, the rain had dropped off to almost nothing.
Jacque and I had a good laugh.  I thought I might jump back out and try the ride again, but sure 'nuff the rain came back hard and fast.
About an hour later the sun had come out again so I finally got going and was successful in getting another tank.
We have at least a couple local vendors with easy tank exchanges, so it wasn't much of a trip.  The uphill to the Dollar Store was with the empty tank, and that downhill wasn't much of a challenge on the way back with the full tank.

Ride Started: 1:13 PM           Ride Ended:  3:09 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.4   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 75 F Highest Temp: 84 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  200   Ending BG: 105
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   2.65
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  3.2 MPH                              5.8 MPH            16.3 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 50  minutes                          27 minutes         23 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment