Wednesday, September 22, 2021

COOL - It's FALL (officially)

 Today's GPS tracking

It rained yesterday dampening enthusiasm for pedaling around town.
This morning dawned cool and beautifully sunny, and I had the itch to get in a ride before it got too warmish.  Jacque had a shopping item for me to use for an excuse so I gladly saddled up and toddled away.
I haven't been riding "full circles" around town recently, due to time restraints (and enthusiasm).  A few weeks ago I had looked at our big city map (Pop. ~ 4500) and spotted a few connecting streets that would enclose a larger perimeter to ride.
Today I felt a little friskier than usual and decided to try out the slightly longer route.
The weather was lovely except for a VERY stiff headwind much of the trip.  It was only 51 degrees after we first awoke today and even though the sun was high and bright, it was downright cool.  I had to button up the top buttons on my shirt for the first time since spring, goodness gracious me....
I had not been around these streets, at least for long enough for me to remember.
These local neighborhoods are usually enjoyable to wander through, and these were quite enjoyable.
EXCEPT for a huge dip in the roadway that I had to ride the brakes going downhill, and get clear down into Grandma Gear to make the last quarter mile of uphill grade.
I survived the climb, thankfully.  After all, exercise is good for you, right?  RIGHT?
As I coasted down the other side of the hill, I spotted an enjoyable sight.

                               You don't see many of THESE parked outside

Unless my eyes deceive me, that's a 1955 Mercury.  I think it showed up at our local car show a week or so ago.  I first passed by without stopping to photograph it, then decided I might miss out if I didn't turn around.
Before returning home, I checked my blood sugar and since it was dropping rapidly, I forced myself to eat one of Jacque's emergency cookies she baked for me.
We got in a short after - supper tandem trike ride this evening as well, just across the tracks and around the village square.  Less than a mile, but good huffing and puffing anyway.

Ride Started: 11:13 AM           Ride Ended:  12:43 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.7   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8
Lowest Temp: 64 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  233   Ending BG: 108
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  7.01
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  4.6 MPH                              6.0 MPH            23.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 30 mins                    1 hour  10 mins    20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment