Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wednesday Morning Exercise

 Today's GPS Tracking via APRS Ham Radio

 I had an appointment today at our local California Nail salon to get my nasty toenails trimmed and pampered.  Our guy Wally does a better job on my sore feets than my podiatrist - who also does the best he can.
The appointment was at 9:15 AM so I put on "decent" clothes ( not my normal 'work' clothes that are frayed worn, torn, and stained ).
This establishment is only about a mile from home, so it's a good excuse to drag out the trike for a ride.
This morning dawned cool and breezy, after a night of predicted rain that didn't happen.  I saddled up and huffed and puffed up to the storefront.  I parked in the shade in front and swaggered ( don't mention staggered ) to the door and found it LOCKED.  I noticed the "Hours" sign in the front window said 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
So I sat meself back down in the comfy trike seat and proceeded to wait.
About 9:40 or so I began to wonder if something was kaput, so I got up to call Jacque on the phone and - while conversing with her - noticed a paper taped in the door glass stating they were unavoidably closed for today, as both proprietors were suffering colds, headaches, cough, fever, etc, which sounds a lot like our current Politically Charged Pandemic COVID.
Here's hoping they recover soon, like most do.
I rode back home on the outer edges of paved town roads and was glad for the ever - necessary excuse to go for a ride.

Ride Started: 8:54 AM           Ride Ended:  10:13 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.5
Lowest Temp: 64 F Highest Temp: 67 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  190   Ending BG:  119
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   4.63
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  3.4 MPH                              6.3 MPH            19.3 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 21  minutes               44 minutes          37 minutes

1 comment: