Thursday, March 2, 2023

Rollin...Rollin... Keepin On Rollin

15 Feb Ride GPS Map 

 Most Recent Triking Traverse

Greetings Fellow Travelers.  Just Checking In.
I have been fairly regular in my favorite exercise / mood elevation routine, in spite of noncompliant weather.
We've been enjoying early spring along with late winter, sort of normal I suppose.
Our trees are budding out and some leaves popping out, and our indestructible surprise lilies (some call them "naked ladies") are halfway grown already, in spite of severe cold nights occasionally trying to stunt their progress.
We have tapped several of our trees hoping for sap - hoping to get enough to boil down a bit of syrup.
We only have two maple trees, which are dripping juice  quite nicely, and several black walnut trees tapped.  The walnut trees are not doing anything at the moment.  We may be too early for sap-tapping or too late.  We'll see.  Rumor has it that walnut syrup is quite yummy and we are more than willing to try it out.
Several times in the last few weeks I have struggled with high winds slowing me down and chilling my butt and bones.  I have a poly windshield that has been  in storage in the attic since we moved here, and every time I gear down to crawl slowly into the wind I am reminded that I should re-install the windshield.  I finally dug it out, blew off the dust, washed and wiped it, only to find that it was NOT made for my Catrike but for our tandem Terratrike recumbent .
Thus I need to start shopping for one that will fit -- or maybe cobble up different brackets so it would fit.
My health seems stabilized, sort of, with my 40+ years of insulin dependent diabetes complicating things.
We are going today to test me for how much dementia I currently operate under.
I'm quite certain I will not fare well, and I can't quite remember why.

Yesterday's Ride Started: 10:11 AM           Ride Ended:  11:08 AM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.7
Lowest Temp: 53 F Highest Temp: 64 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  130   Ending BG: 105
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.15
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 6.0 MPH                             7.3 MPH            26.1 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
  53 minutes                       46 minutes           6 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment