Friday, March 24, 2023

Drought is OVER

 Pre-Storm GPS Track

First thing yesterday I decided to go a-riding early, instead of my usual wait - until - the - last - minute - late - in - the - afternoon habit.
Our weather just took another weird flip:  From frost to balmy 60's overnight.

I saddled up and rode over to a friend's house that had recently been vacated due to a fire, to take another look at it.  The trip went without incident, and I took the slightly longer way home along Business 60.  The weather was warm and fairly balmy, but by the time I got home it had clouded up quite a bit.
It was a good thing I got those early miles in,  since it began to rain about 10 minutes after I got home safe and sound.  It soon turned into severe thunderstorm along with flood warnings.  It POURED.  The yard soon turned to slop and  mush and the garage floor flooded since it's barely above ground level.....  GACK.
I disconnected power cords and antenna cables after the first couple of thunderclaps, which may have saved us some damage.  Lightning crashed all over the place and several times EXTREMELY close by.  I am surprised we so far have not noticed any damage - and our wonderful Electric Co-op kept the power from even blinking during the storm.  So far.  Very unusual.
And it rained, more quietly, all night.   Still raining now this Friday afternoon as I type this baloney blog.  Several inches and many if not most roads are flooded and several motorists made the mistake of trying to drive through flooded low spots and washed off the road and folks are still looking for them.  Listening to the radio hoping for local news that the missing aren't missing any more.
I'm very happy "I" didn't get caught out in it pedaling around on the trike.....

Ride Started: 10:30 AM           Ride Ended:  11:40 AM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.9  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.7
Lowest Temp: 68 F Highest Temp:   75 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  160   Ending BG: 102
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.41
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 3.6 MPH                             6.3 MPH            25.5 MPH ( Downhill steeply, obviously )
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
  1 hour 48 mins               1 hour 1 min        47 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment