Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cold, Blustery, Windy - Hey, Cycing is FUN

Today's Short but Successful Tracking Link
I've quasi-certainly decided to do a daily (at least 5 days a week) ride:  At least to the Post Office and back, or the equivalent minimal distance (~5.58 miles).
Yesterday, for instance, I went out the door kitted up for a bike ride, and the wind was suddenly gusting and rocking the roof and bending the trees so I wimped out.  I shouldn't have.  By and large it was a beautiful day in spite of a small dusting of snow and the attending drop from the  balmy temperatures we've enjoyed the last week or so.  I determined today, and for the immediate future, I will get back to at least a short 5-days-a-week riding routine.
It was sunny today, in spite of our early morning low of around 24 degrees this morning.  I encountered almost immediate cross- and head-wind gusts as I rode & pushed the recumbent down the dirt road to the pavement of Frost Road and the subsequent 2+ mile ride to the Post Office.  But it was still great to get out and get the legs and feet unlimbered and chugging away.   The wind WAS worrisome enough for me to stay on the bike path as far as possible since I was being  blown sideways back and forth both ways.  I also notice my initial attempts at grading our nasty rutted dirt road are paying off, even for the narrow tired bike.  It's nice to actually have smoother surfaces to ride on.
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.6                         Ending Voltage: 12.5
Ride's Lowest Temperature: 34 degrees F -- Highest Temperature: 48 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:      05.59
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
05.6 Mph                               06.6 mph                   22.8 mph
Total Trip time                       Moving Time              Stopped Time
1 hour  00 mins                      50  mins   40 secs       9 mins 38 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment