Thursday, March 22, 2012

Short Mail Run Turned into 18-Miler

I have been living up to my new committment of at least riding the ~6 miles round trip for the mail since making the so called fateful decision.  Today I took off for the Post Office and was soon passed by Jacque in her Ford Exploder since she was going down to a consignment shop to look at a dresser she was longing for.
I had just arrived at the Post Office when she called on the cell phone with sweetness in her voice, "inviting:" me to ride on past the PO and come down the extra few miles to the store, where she'd just made a purchase she wanted me to help the store owner manhandle into the SUV for her.  I'm easy, I like her lovin'..... so I did.
After getting the item loaded for her I checked my blood glucose:  It was a bit low for riding back up the hill (115, for strenuous exercise I'm recommended to get it to the ~200 range).  So I took out my bag of home made trail mix (consisting of M&M regulars, M&M Peanuts, and whole almonds).
As I munched and contemplated the BEAUTIFUL weather we are experiencing, I decided what the hey.  It would "only" take maybe an hour longer to take the long route home by going on south to Tijeras and then turning east on Old Route 66, riding up to Sedillo Hill, and then looping back across Vallecitos to Frost Road and then home.  Total trip mileage rounded up just over 18 miles.  Enjoyment Quotient:  Priceless.
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7                         Ending Voltage: 12.5
Ride's Lowest Temperature: 55 degrees F -- Highest Temperature: 59 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:      18.40
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
06.5 Mph                               08.7 mph                   33.9 mph
Total Trip time                       Moving Time              Stopped Time
2 hours  49 mins                     2 hours  7  mins          42 mins 21 secs 

No comments:

Post a Comment