Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just a Mail Run Today on the Team Trike

Today's APRS Tracking with New ID
I worked several hours yesterday, Tuesday, preparing coax cables for antenna installation on the new Tandem Trike.  Monday's ride concerned me because my J Pole antenna was mounted on my seat back post, in front of Jacque, and every time she mounted or dismounted, I did not like the nearness of the sharp narrow end of the J matching to her head and eyes.  I'm now mounting the antenna on HER rear seat posts.  Since the antenna tilts backward there is little danger of her bending over and "encountering" any portion of it.
By late afternoon I still was not finished, but we decided we needed to take at least another short ride with the beast and rode up to the Post Office and then the Shell Station on top of the hill for a Lemonade treat for Jacque and a diet Coke for me.  Since we drove the trike on the roof rack down to the pavement, the total mileage was nothing much.  But, that hill is a strain, and very good exercise for such a short ride.
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  4.26
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
3.7 MPH                                 7.0 MPH                    28.9 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 8 mins                       36 mins 15 seconds    32 minutes20 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment