Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Turnaround

Tuesday APRS Tracking
I saddled up and took off late today, almost 11 AM.  The temperatures weren't too bad but my original plan was to ride clear into Northwest Albuquerque to pick up some clear goggles at Mesa Equipment on 2nd Street and a couple other places on the way, since it IS quite a ways.  By the time I topped Marco Polo Hill I noticed it was already past 12 Noon and obviously it would be after 3 PM in the afternoon heat coming back, if I rode my intended route.  I decided for such a trip I needed to get rolling MUCH earlier.  I decided to drop off the rental DVD I was packing, a couple of old books at the local thrift store, and go on back home.  I can get up at 6 AM instead of sleeping in until 7 and go tomorrow or the next day.  No Hurry.  I actually remembered to bring the mini-bike-vid-cam today but nothing of note happened so I just deleted all the files.
I've been getting blisters on my lower lip the last couple weeks and am suspicious it may be sunburn cooking me.  I slather sunblock on rather thickly each day I ride but not on my lips..... normal lip balm.  Jacque suggested some SPF15 lip balm she handed me and I used that today.  Hopefully it will stop the blistering lips.
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0   Ending Voltage: 10.1
Lowest Temp  77 F      Highest Temp:  84 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:    12.6
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
5.2 MPH                                 7.6 MPH                    32.3 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 hours 25 mins                    1 hour 39 mins          45 minutes 29 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment