Monday, August 25, 2014

It Wasn't 20 Miles, but Close

My tracking system failed to report but One Position today.
My local Internet Gateway was dysfunctional, but I also need to go double check the antennae (common failure items on the bikes) to make sure they aren't needing soldering iron attention.
I could download the route out of my Garmin 350 GPS but I've never succeeded when I've tried.  Oh Well.

Jazzy and I were by ourselves again today, since Jacque and Tinkerbell are helping on a quilt project for the upcoming NM State Fair.  So between us we decided to ride east on Frost Road to Mountain Valley, south on Mountain Valley to Crestview Road, east on Crestview to County Line Road, south to Dinkle, then west back to Mountain Valley and a short jog across the overpass covering I-40 and then west on Olde Route 66.  We rode that to Sedillo Hill Road.  Jazzy forgot to remind me we'd planned to keep going on Route 66 to Zuzax and then cross I-40 there to Gutierrez Canyon Road and north back up to Frost, which would have likely resulted in a bit more than 20 miles on our bike's GPS.  So it's HER fault we didn't get our total expected mileage today.
Everything is lined with sunflowers nowadays with all the rain and many are head-high.
Rear View Sunflowers

Front View Sunflowers

The weather was sunny when we started but started to cloud up and cooled off nicely but it was threatening rain.  It actually did start to rain but it was at least a couple miles east of us around Edgewood proper and it seemed to be migrating east away from us so we kept going, though I did note open awnings and porch overhangs and such shelter opportunities along the way - Just in Case.
The weather forecast had called for a high of 78 or so but my bike thermometer showed at least 84 so it was a bit warmer... but the days are already getting noticeably shorter and cooler.
Arrived home safe, sound, and dry.... except for the perspiration from pushing the bike by hand up the goat path hills to our house.
Huff-Puff Uphill on Foot

Ride Started:  12:02 PM    Ride Ended:  3:10 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2       Ending Voltage: 13.0
Lowest Temp  72 F      Highest Temp:  84 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  17.85
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.5 MPH                               9.0 MPH                    33.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 Hours 44 mins                    1 Hour 58 mins          45 minutos

No comments:

Post a Comment