Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Terrific Tuesday Travel

Today's Boring Tracking

I needed to get in my quasi-20-something miles on the bike today but was a bit short on time again, as usual.  Down at the intersection of Frost Road and Mountain Valley Road, turning left (north) and following the pavement results in a 4-mile loop that is not boring to ride, so I figured I would ride that loop 3 or 4 times, come home, and be ready for a productive day.  When we (Jazzy and I) got to Mountain Valley, however, it was under destruction.

You can barely see the destruction crew behind me.
I rode through the butchered pavement - barely missing a small steam roller - and found the new pavement I passed over was still smoking hot.  So I decided looping several times through that was not an option. I found a smaller paved loop of Juniper and Cedar and Mountain Valley that I traversed a few times just to add some time and mileage to the ride.  We finally exited the loop, enjoying meeting some new dogs and neighborhood oddities, and rode over to our friend's house for a quick visit.  Very enjoyable family, with 7 kiddos, all of whom we count as friends.  Here are a couple of them helping me tend to Jazzy while we visited:
As I was getting ready to leave this fun bunch and ride on homeward, I saw a different cloud arrangement in the sky:
Clouds on Gossamer Streams
These clouds look as though they are screaming at high speed across the sky, yet they were just hanging there, with the strange streamers.
We were still a bit short on miles when we got to our goat-path turnoff, so Jazzy and I rode on up to the Post Office and then the Ice Cream Sandwich Store, commonly known as the Shell Station.
Then we came home, and now I must get busy to justify my existence.

Ride Started:  10:04 AM    Ride Ended:  1:17 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8       Ending Voltage: 13.1
Lowest Temp  78 F      Highest Temp:  87 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  17.96
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.7 MPH                               8.3 MPH                    28.2 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
3 Hours 9 mins                      2 Hours 9 mins           59 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment