Friday, August 29, 2014

Tractor Delivery, by Bicycle

Very Short Track Today

Well, not REALLY.  I just changed oil and filter and put points, rotor, and condenser in the Ford Tractor and promised to loan it to a dear friend and near neighbor for mowing purposes over the weekend.
I took my recumbent 2-wheeler over to his place, on the bike rack on the back of the Ford Dino-Fuel Burner car and parked the bike in the shade at his place, then drove back to the house and cranked up the tractor and drove it over and rode the bike back home.  Jazzy was with me and hates being left alone with a purple spotted passion so I strapped her into my belly pack and she went with me both on the tractor and the return trip on the bike.   She didn't like the exhaust noise and vibration of the tractor and got all trembly several times but would calm down if I squeezed her up close to my chest for a few seconds.  I have no cargo room on the tractor so I wore my bike helmet while driving it and looked even sillier than normal, but no biggie.  I'm very used to looking silly.
Between hooking up the mowing machine on the 3-point hitch, wrestling the tractor down the road (The Power Steering doesn't work well on this old machine), and riding the bike home, I'm a little bushed tonight.  Getting old sucks.....

Ride Started:  2:44 PM    Ride Ended:  4:00 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2       Ending Voltage: 13.1
Lowest Temp  78 F      Highest Temp:  84 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  3.93
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  7.9 MPH                               9.7 MPH                    29.3 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
30 minutes                             24 minutes                 5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment