Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday. No Dogs

Today's Spotty Tracking

I had to haul some stuff to a neighbor's house this morning.  We are down to a single automobile.  We gave away our 1998 Exploder to a friend in a nearby town and at the same time discovered Jacque's Subaru needed money poured into it for repairs.  So until the Subaru gets out of the shop, we are sharing a single Ford Exploder, and Jacque took it today to do some work with one of her buddies.  I needed to haul some electrical repair stuff, soldering iron, wire, lugs, toolbox, etc, and it was to a place I normally ride past on my usual 10-mile loop ride, so instead of putting Doggies in the cargo basket I put in the ...... Cargo.
I jury rigged a broken starter connection for a Briggs & Stratton powered lawn tractor and this little project took almost an hour.  I used some high quality epoxy to replace a broken connector bushing and insulator, and left it to cure while I rode home to make an appointment in Albuquerque. 
On the trip over, I locked up my chain again downshifting too far, causing a sudden stop to manually release and remount the chain on its sprocket.  Gotta figure out  a way to prevent this, it could easily break something.....
The weather has been cooling a bit but it was over 10 degrees warmer today than it has been the last few days.  Still, the breeze was a bit stiff in the face but it provided nice cooling as I rode over and back.
Tinkerbell was highly put out that I left her behind.  Lilly has not started enjoying bike rides yet so she didn't care a bit.......

Ride Started: 10:02 AM    Ride Ended:  12:29 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   14.3   Ending Voltage: 13.2  Lowest:  13.0
Lowest Temp  82 F      Highest Temp:  91 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10.63
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  3.9 MPH                              7.2 MPH                   26.2 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 hours 43 mins                    1 hour 27 minutes       1 hour 15  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment