Thursday, August 27, 2015

No Time for Riding

Today's As-Usual Tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

Jacque and I have been asked to serve as "part-time" service missionaries at the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission and for the last 2 weeks have found just how involved such a project is.  Thoroughly enjoyable, we have found we have little time to do ordinary things like repair our vehicles, take care of yard and household chores, and...... ride bikes.
This morning we had "off" until 12:30 so I thought I would just start early and get in a decent 10-miler and get home in plenty of time.  I was able to get going shortly after 9 AM but by the time Tinkerbell and I returned, it was a rush job getting out the door.
Lilly went into surgery today to have her dewclaws surgically removed, so she was already in the vet's custody by the time I took off on the ride. 
Lilly After Surgery, Safe but Unhappy

Tinkerbell, as usual, was not about to allow me out of the house and insisted, again, on riding with me.
It was a pretty great riding day, though the wind got up a bit higher than preferred.  It actually got stiff enough to slow me down on my normally 30+ MPH downhill... only made 27-something, pedaling furiously trying to go a little faster.
It was nice to see the County Road Crews out trimming the huge weed growth that has been blocking the road shoulder / "bike lane" for weeks, what with our summer of lotsa rain.


Ride Started: 9:13 AM    Ride Ended:  11:23 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 13.2  Lowest:  13.1
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  87 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10.34
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.0 MPH                              7.1 MPH                   27.9 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 hours 4 mins                      1 hour 28 minutes       38  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment