Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Riding in the Traffic

Today's Short-Circuit Track

Took off on the usual 10-mile loop but at a very warmish time of day: Almost 4:00 in the PM.
We had taken the RV to Horizon Auto Glass in Albuquerque to (ouch) replace both front windshields and the trip had eaten up the earlier part of the day.  I missed riding yesterday and decided, again, to ride in spite of the late hour and the heat because if I don't ride even when things aren't just right I miss TOO MANY rides.  My blood sugar drops unbelievably and I have to set my insulin pump to a slower rate during and after bike rides.  Too Cool.
About the time I got only a few miles up the road I looked at the clock  and realized I had to turn around and get back so we could get back to Albuquerque in time to pick up the finished RV.  No way did we want to leave the RV parked in the middle of Albuquerque for the night unattended.  The shop called just as I arrived at the bike-transport-Explorer and we were just able to make it to town before the facility closed.  What a beauty the new windshields are!  Not cheap but no one estimated anything cheaper.
The heat was hot for the bike ride and made the headwinds very welcome indeed.
Since the riding time was between 3 and 4 PM the going-home traffic was quite heavy.  This route has a decent riding shoulder and no one was blindly texting and wobbling across any lines so everything was copasetick .
I had the GoPro camera on the helmet today but every time I tried to turn it on it stopped within a few seconds:  The stupid battery was dead.  Go Figure.
Just as I pulled up to load the trailer with the  trike, another bicycling maniac rode up and introduced himself: E. Girdner.  He was another non-Spandex user but  heavier duty than I:  He had ridden aver 20 miles already, to Tijeras and back, and still had several miles to go. Way to ride, Ironman....

Ride Started: 3:41 PM    Ride Ended:  4:34 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  13.0
Lowest Temp  78 F      Highest Temp:  84 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  6.14
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.6 MPH                              7.6 MPH                  25.2 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
56 minutes                             48 minutes                 7  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment