Monday, November 14, 2016

Two Monday Riders, With Guide Dogs

Today's track courtesy of Ham Radio and the GPS

Finally took a decent photo of my new fairing on the Catrike :

I wouldn't mind the fairing being a bit taller on top, so as to deflect more air away from the eyes and face, but for the price I paid this one is FABULOUS.
I cut up a small load of firewood today and stopped about 1 PM and asked Jacque if she wanted to go for a trike ride too, and she did indeed, so we loaded up both Catrikes into the junk trailer and took them down to the paved road for a non-destructive  ride.  Tinkerbell rode with Jacque and Lilly rode in the belly-pack papoose carrier with me.
We again fully realize trying to ride the road-shoulder after 3 or 4 PM is an exercise in frustration.  The traffic was horrible with unending lines of cars rushing around us to get home from work.  Many out here in the East Mountains work at Sandia Labs and other government related jobs meaning the "Rush Hour" starts early compared to a typical 9 to 5 crowd.  No one endangered us at any time but it's still unnerving to have such a huge number of cars roaring by.
Temperature-wise it was a bit cool outside, and as the sun began to set about 4:30 it of course got noticeably cooler.  By the time we got back to the Exploder and trailer I was rather chilled, in spite of having Lilly tucked up close to me on my chest while we rode.  I should have stopped and put on the wind-breaker, which would have improved life for both Lilly and me.  I was in too much of a hurry to stop and dig it out of the pannier.

Ride Started: 3:41 PM    Ride Ended:  4:47 PM
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.31
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
8.6 MPH                               7.6 MPH                   32.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 6 mins                       1 hour 1 mins             5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment