Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday is a Good Day to Start the Week

Today's Track of Familiar Paths

Instead of exhausting myself cutting firewood today, I thought I'd do me a trike ride first.  Especially since it was such a beautiful sunny day after several days of soggy clouds and intermittent rain.
I rode close to 13 miles, and now that I'm cooled off I feel like I have enough energy left to whack up some more firewood.
We've been burning wood in the stove to take the morning chill off the house for several days.  It hasn't been cool enough to burn up any substantial amount of wood but I'm still convinced we will soon have some down home real life nasty winter weather, and I'm trying to make hay (Firewood, that is) while the sun shines and the weather is wonderful.
My Catrike exhibits a low grumbling  noise at speed, and I haven't yet tracked it down.  I'm becoming convinced the rear cassette may be running dry and in need of a fresh lube.  Taking the rear drive wheel apart is not a definition of fun, but my plan is to actually DO IT today.  The right disk brake howls at certain speeds, too, also needing adjustment.  That is, if there is sufficient daylight left after we get back from Albuquerque watching the movie Hacksaw Ridge .
Stay tuned for a review....
Ride Started: 10:29 AM    Ride Ended:  12:36 PM
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  12.88
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
 7.5 MPH                               8.5 MPH                   31.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 hours 7 mins                      1 hour 52 mins           15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment