Thursday, April 5, 2018

Another Mile With Tired Legs

Tracking via Ham Radio and GPS

I again prioritized doing at least a short trike ride today in my continuing attempts to get my elderly legs limbered up again.  I've never been a strong rider, even when I was riding almost every day, but my recent slacking off has alarmed me.  I'm already starting to notice less "instant fatigue" when riding, even after only these few days.
I again rode to the Post Office in Sandia Park.  This time instead of riding straight back to the parked Exploder, I rode the additional distance to the Shell Station at the intersection of N-14 and Frost Road so I could (a) work in a bit of additional distance and (b) top off my tires' air pressure.
When I got to the station and whizzed over to the free air outlet, a nice fellow in a 1967 Jeep who was wanting to air up his own tires.  He had just purchased the Jeep from someone nearby and - though there was free air available - the pump had no air gauge with which to tell how much pressure he was actually putting in.  As I started to open my Zip-lock tool pouch to retrieve my air gauge, he asked me "You don't happen to have an air gauge, do you?"  Since I was in the midst of pulling it out of the bag, I handed it to him so he could both inflate AND check his tires.  It didn't take long for me to get my gauge back and have full access to the air hose and do my own tiny tires.  One thing about bike tires:  They don't take long to inflate... unless they're leaking.  Mine thankfully took 50-60 PSI in short order, and I was back on my way again.
As always, having struggled up the long gradual hill to get there, it was coasting at breathtaking speed most of the way back to the Exploder.  I had only lost an hour riding and was able to get back to my backbreaking work of ripping up flooring and walls and getting ready for the rebuild.  BAH

Ride Started:  11:41 AM    Ride Ended:  12:41 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.0   Ending Voltage: 12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9 (Hasn't been charged all this week)
Lowest Temp  67 F      Highest Temp: 71 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  4.19 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed   

3.9 MPH                                 7.0 MPH                     31.4 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time  

1 hour 3  mins                         36 minutes                  27 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment