Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Double the Distance, Double the Fun

Today's Unimpressive Tracking

I forfeited some valuable work time by taking time for a second day of trike riding for at least a few minutes.  3 1/2 miles today is not impressive but it was climbing the gradual but frustrating grade toward the post office at the terminus of Frost Road.  Getting the legs back in good circulation undoubtedly will take more time than I like, but as a diabetic, even short rides like this increase my metabolism for the rest of the day and lower my required insulin dosage. 
The VA now has me taking my own blood pressure daily for a couple weeks to see if I need to start blood pressure pills, which I hope I can avoid by getting more cycle-active again.  My blood pressure today when I got home to the RV turned out to be 120/46 which is a tad lower than recent measurements.  We'll see how all that turns out. My right front tire is getting a bit soft, so I need to break out the Huff'n Puff'n manual tire pump.  I learned in Yuma not to ride on soft tires...  these little ones don't have much volume to start with and a bit of low pressure can ruin the dern things.

Ride Started:  3:10 PM    Ride Ended:  3:56 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.0   Ending Voltage: 13.0   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp  67 F      Highest Temp: 75 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  3.55 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed   

5.7 MPH                                 7.6 MPH                     26.7 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time  

37  minutes                            28 minutes                  9 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment