Thursday, September 6, 2018

Touring Ancient Athens

Today's Tennessee Tracking

Yesterday the main achievement was getting a new battery in the Ford Exploder.  It turned out to be more than 4 years old and had not been replaced since I bought this vehicle from Uncle Max.
Jacque had another physical therapy session today in Athens, TN.  Unlike the last few days, the new battery fired the engine up without insult or injury this morning.
Thus I rode around while Jacque was getting her arm twisted, and I didn't even lose my cell phone this time.
I had planned to drive from therapy over to Athens Regional Park and ride the seemingly short paths around that park.  I decided to just ride the trike on Athens City Streets instead, since most of them have decent shoulders.
The sun was out and bright today so it took me a bit longer to saddle up, what with sunblock spray and all, but it was all good.  Just hot and humid enough to make me sweat like a pig, keeping a rag handy to wipe sweat off my head and face.  The humidity factor is actually better today than usual...
The ride across this part of town took longer than I expected, and by the time I got within a quarter-mile of the park entrance, I had to turn around for the return ride to make sure Jacque didn't have to sit around and wait on me this time.
I made it back with several minutes to spare before Jacque escaped her torturers.  About halfway up one of the hills, a car slowed to match my speed as I crawled along.  The passenger window rolled down and the shotgun-rider said "HEY!  I love your ride!"  Which is the usual reaction in these parts.  Most folks tell us ours are the first recumbent trikes they've ever seen, although we have met one or two other trikers in the weeks we've been here.
One of Jacque's fellow therapy patients came limping out of the office while I was loading up the trike and told me "I've been wondering about your trike".  I told her she was welcome to take it for a ride, but she declined, saying "It would probably do me good though."
Note to self:  I have to work on the radio wiring again.  The handlebar transmit switch has died again, likely at the same connection point I had to repair a few weeks ago.

Ride Started:  11:15 AM    Ride Ended:  11:58 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.0 Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.8
Beginning Blood Glucose:  104     Ending BG: 166  
(Ate before riding;   insulin pump basal rate 30% for this ride)
Lowest Temp  78 F      Highest Temp: 82 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  4.7
Distance Walked: 0 miles 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
5.8 MPH                                  6.9 MPH                     27.3 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
48 minutes                            40 minutes                 7 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment