Monday, December 9, 2019

Hartville Run & Ride

Saturday's plotted track

Saturday, 7 Dec, Jacque and I drove up to Hartville (16 miles away) for a Ham Radio Christmas Club meeting and dinner mid-day.  A few of the hams, having heard me on the radio while riding the trike, expressed interest in seeing the trike setup, so I had loaded the Catrike in the back of the Exploder for the trip.
I parked the trike just outside the club door on the sidewalk, turned on the blinky lights, and we enjoyed another Thanksgiving / Christmas style potluck meal with lots of salad, stuffing, and turkey, ham, and chicken for us carnivores.
On the way home, with full tummies, Jacque decided she wanted to go to the YMCA at home for a craft fair there.  She offered to drop me off at home before she went.  Thinking it would have been nice to ride the trike I almost said aloud "Too bad I don't have my trike with us" when I (Duh) suddenly remembered we DID have the trike in the back and thus she was able to drive directly to the Y and all I had to do was unload the trike and take off.
As always, Mountain Grove is so small I have to ride the longest outer roads around in order to rack up more than a couple miles.
I had my dressy jacket on, which I worried was going to be warm since it was nice and sunny out.  I barely got pedaling before I zipped it up as far and tight as it would go.  In spite of the sunshine, it was COLD out there and I did NOT get overheated all the way home.
That night, we attended the Town Square Christmas Parade.  It was of course small-town but there were a few fun things to watch.



Ride Started:    1:39 PM      Ride Ended:  2:11 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  160      Ending BG: 66
Lowest Temp:  50 F    Highest Temp:  57  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   4.13
Distance Walked: .7 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  7.8 
MPH                             8.2 MPH               19.3 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 32 minutes
                          30 minutes           2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment