Saturday, December 28, 2019

'Twas the Day After Christmas

Spring-Like Riding Route

Our recently purchased charcoal burning Barbecue worked wonderfully for Jacque's Christmas turkey on 25 December 2019.  We got a great deal on it, in spite of having to go to West Plains to buy it from its previous owner.  Its only flaw was one of the wheels was destroyed, making it difficult to move around.  Thursday, the day after the big feast, I didn't need much of an excuse to take the trike for a ride.  Since we needed a good wheel for the BBQ, and Ace Hardware seems to be the best place for such odd hardware, I rode that direction.  Just barely north of Walmart, another frequent riding destination, it's only about 2 1/2 miles each way.  I passed a pedestrian about halfway there who seemed dumbstruck when he saw me, stopping in his tracks as if to talk to me about my unusual pedal powered vehicle.  I stopped to see if he wanted to talk, but he just continued to stand and stare, so eventually I wished him a good day and rolled on.
Going for rides really is a great way to get fresh air and warmed up with a bit of exercise.  I surely need to talk myself into putting it as a higher priority for my daily "rituals".

Ride Started:    3:49 PM      Ride Ended:  4:38 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  167      Ending BG: 65
Lowest Temp:  61 F    Highest Temp:  62  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   5.28
Distance Walked: .7 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.4 
MPH                             8.1 MPH               16.4 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 49 minutes
                          39 minutes           10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment