Thursday, January 16, 2020

More Cool Ridings

Today's Frigid Routing

Having trouble realizing it's been DAYS since my last trike ride.  I rode just a couple miles a day or so ago in desperation to get a bit of exercise in spite of the less than stellar weather.
We've of course had a bit of snow, ice storms, high winds, 80-90% humidity in spite of below-freezing temperatures, daily dense fog, and whatnot.
Today was a tad breezy but the sun tried peeking through the foggy air and brightened things up a bit.
It was 31 degrees when we woke up at 5 AM to teach Seminary and it dropped to the high 20's as the daybreak wore on.  After lunchtime it got up to 39-ish and I decided I better take time out from remodeling to go for some aerobic riding.  Jacque allowed me to digress from my duties and off I went.
Nothing special, just another wobbly loop around the mecca of Mountain Grove, waving to all passersby, especially all the nice drivers who gave me wide clearance as they passed by on the left.
The Smile is Frozen In
I actually encountered several other self-powered travelers today.
First I spotted a boom truck and wood-cutters trimming tall trees on a side street, and pulled in to ask them if they could schedule our place for a tree-trimming.  I encountered a lady pulling a small basket with wheels similar to the typical homeless wanderer.  She was quite friendly, complimented my trike, and informed me the tree trimmers were from the local Electric Company trimming trees too close to their power lines.  Not available for other work, but she recommended "Long's Tree Service" instead.  I thanked her and put this info in my Iphone in hopes I could remember it an hour later.
On the other side of town, on Oakland Street, I saw a weird contraption coming toward me:
A two-wheel bike pulling a two-wheel trailer.  The operator was cordial and we exchanged greetings.
Another quarter mile up the street I encountered a bundled-up lady driving a 3-wheel electric wheelchair.  She was also nice and friendly as we passed each other.

Ride Started:   3:24 PM      Ride Ended:  4:33 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.4
Beginning Blood Glucose:  181      Ending BG: 93
Lowest Temp:  38 F    Highest Temp:    45 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.69
Distance Walked: .5 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.3 
MPH                             6.9 MPH               22.2 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 11 mins
                    1 hour                   10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment