Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Frosty Rides Ending 2019

New Years Eve Route

In addition to making some mild progress on the house remodeling, I got 2 days in a row doing the trike ride thing.
It was cold both afternoons, at 40-something degrees, necessitating some layered clothing and the felt skull cap Jacque made me several years ago.  I did NOT get overheated, nor did I freeze.
On Monday I got in a decent 5 miles.  Tuesday, last night, I got rolling about 4:30 which meant it was already uncomfortably close to sundown.  I meant to do the around-town 6 mile loop but about halfway there I realized it would be dark well before I got  home.  What with typical New Years Eve behavior in the offing for area drivers, I cut it short and came home instead.  It was still great to feel the cold air in my face. 
I found it interesting that the weather reported around 35 degrees for both afternoons but my on-board temp sensor recorded slightly over 40 degrees.   I'll have to see if my calibration is anywhere near accurate....

Monday Evening Ride stats:
Ride Started:    4:06 PM      Ride Ended:  4:55 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp:  37 F    Highest Temp:  38  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   5.28
Distance Walked: .7 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.3 
MPH                             7.5 MPH               16.3 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 50 minutes
                          42 minutes           8 minutes

New Years Eve Stats:
Ride Started:    4:30 PM      Ride Ended:  4:55 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  86      Ending BG: 101
Lowest Temp:  39 F    Highest Temp:    41 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   2.55
Distance Walked: .7 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  5.9 
MPH                             7.7 MPH               22.1 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 26 minutes
                          20 minutes           6 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment