Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Rode a Little Farther than I Planned to Went

Today's Ham Radio-GPS tracked route

Today was bright, breezy, and  cool, and I needed the exercise as usual - so I saddled up the trike for another ride.
I hoped to vary a bit from my "normal" routes, so I took off around a different direction, though it started out as a route I had ridden before.  Rode out to the airport, found a hangar actually open, and rode onto the runway far enough to peek inside and see a twin engine plane undergoing maintenance.
Turned back and rode north toward our Route 60 bypass.  Intending to enter the main Highway 60 on the west end of town, I forgot which direction to turn for that entry and went west for a couple miles, gradually realizing I had not ridden this way before.  The GPS showed a connection to the main route 60 dead ahead so I pedaled on, finally arriving at the intersection where a small entry/exit connects to Highway 60.  Entering the main highway and turning back east, I was properly headed back toward the town of Mountain Grove.  Highway 60 along this stretch has a wonderful wide shoulder which is largely smooth, paved, and only light gravel and road debris.  It also can be a source of the dreaded truck tire wires from shredded pieces of truck tires, so we will see tomorrow if I picked up a slow leak by taking this enjoyable route.  A couple of passing cars gave me a friendly short BEEP as they passed but no close encounters occurred.
I started out wrapped up for a cold ride, with a light jacket covered with my bike-yellow windbreaker, insulated skull cap, and warm hunting gloves.  All was well until I got about halfway through the trip, when I had to open the finger caps on the gloves and unzip both jacket layers to cool off a bit.
I stopped for a couple of short breaks but didn't waste a whole lot of time.
Got home safe and sound again.
My riding has been cutting into my remodeling work significantly but it does a better job of keeping my blood sugar lower and general enthusiasm for life. Smile.
Remodeling progress thus far includes:
-Ripping up nasty old carpet, exposing rather nice wood flooring
-Ripping up worn tile flooring in kitchen, master bathroom, and dining area, replacing with new flooring
-Painting master bathroom walls, installing lower paneling on the walls.  Still needs trim.
-Replacing old rotten leaking galvanized water line from the street to the house
-Replaced sump pump in basement that died under 4 inches of water during a recent rain

Ride Started:   3:04 PM      Ride Ended:  4:25 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  153      Ending BG: 198
Lowest Temp:  49 F    Highest Temp:    58 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   9.50
Distance Walked: .5 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.7 
MPH                             7.8 MPH               24.4 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 24 mins
                  1 hour 13 mins       11 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment