Thursday, April 16, 2020

Another Illicit Trike Trip

Wednesday Wandering GPS Track

We were running low on essentials, so I rode the trike both as an errand and as exercise.
Essentials:  Things like peanut butter, doggie poop bags, bathroom stink spray, etc.
Like most of the rest of the country, we have been experiencing early spring cold weather.
No snow or ice around here, but mild tornado warnings, stiff winds (50-60 MPH forecasts a few nights ago), and low 30's in the mornings with highs only getting up to the mid 40's.
This day, Wednesday, was again sunny - after the sun burned most of the clouds away - but cool. 
Not cold enough to wear a jacket, but I packed another heavy shirt in the trike's cargo pack in case I didn't get warmed up enough from riding and pedaling.
Jacque has recently discovered that she sleeps much better after a trike ride, so she motivated herself to ride again today, though we took different routes.... And she took both dogs in her ride.  I left the trike trailer behind and rode solo and lightweight.
It was cold enough that I wished  I had worn the outer shirt for the initial half of the ride, especially when riding into the wind, as usual.
After wandering around one of our local lumber stores and then Wally World, I realized I likely should have brought the trailer along. Walmart was populated and no carts were available, so I wandered around with a handheld basket which rapidly filled and felt fairly heavy.  I worried that I would have trouble securing this load to the trike but I hoped double bagging it would do the trick.
I took some care lashing the fat double-plastical bags to the rear of the trike, and rode much slower than usual on the way home, hoping to avoid bags rupturing and spilling precious necessities all over the roadway.
I had to stop and check the load a few times  but everything made it OK, thankfully.  I could barely see part of the bag in my rear view mirror and kept checking to make sure it was still aboard.
I usually get big smiles and waves from passers-by, but this trip as I passed a pickup turning into my street, the lady driver laughed aloud, guffawing with great gusto.  I realize I look funny, but THAT funny...?  Maybe she was more truthful than most.
THEN, of course, I had to take a steaming hot shower when I got home in hopes of drowning any dreaded COVID-19 bugs from getting within 6 feet of so many people. 

Ride Started:   3:05 PM      Ride Ended:  5:10 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose: 188     Ending BG: 74
Lowest Temp:  57 F    Highest Temp:    67 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.84
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  3.3 
MPH                             5.8 MPH               22.5 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 2 hours 3 mins
                  1 hour  11 mins       52 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment