Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Hot Day Cool Ride

Today's Riding Route Recorded via APRS and Ham Radio

It got a wee bit hot today - in the 90's according to our porch thermometer.
Jacque wanted to wait for later in the early evening to cool a bit, but I found an excuse to take off about 4:30 when it was still hot.  After delivering some paperwork to our financial advisor a few blocks distant, I rode on northward and wound up going the Wally World way, spent some money in that Big Box store, and took the long way home.
Heat like today is uncomfortable, but as long as the breeze is generated in my face instead of following me and canceling out the benefit, keeping moving helps cool off at least a little.
I got a call earlier today from one of my Vets Administration doctors and he asked if I was "Still Physically Active", and I told him Yes, so I was motivated to take a ride today from that commitment at least.  He told me physical activity was one of the best ways to maintain health, so another motivation....
Got lots of waves from passing motorists today and a couple of young cyclists.
Good Stuff.

Ride Started:   4:24 PM      Ride Ended:  5:42 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose: 227   Ending BG: 61
Lowest Temp:  81 F    Highest Temp:    90 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.83
Distance Walked: .6 mile (Dog Potty Trips)
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  5.2 
MPH                           7.6 MPH               19.5 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  1 hour 18 mins
                  53 minutes           24 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work,Jim. Looks as if Jacque is keeping up with you which is great. We want you both to live a long time. Mom Carol

    ReplyDelete