Sunday, July 12, 2020

Whoa, it was HOT today...

A Route Not Taken Recently

(This denotes Saturday, 11 July 2020)

The last couple of rides I've taken on the trike were earlier in the day, like even before Noon.  I may have to change my lazy habits and make a habit of riding earlier in the day.  Not only is it (of course) cooler then, but my blood sugar does better the rest of the day, instead of crashing dangerously low at night when I'm asleep.
Today was a degree or so "colder" than recently but it FELT much more uncomfortable.  Heat index, something or other, everybody felt it and did not enjoy.
I decided to ride out to our famous "Memorial Airport" and take the long route back.  The day was hot, as mentioned, and the shade trees at the airport entrance were a welcome cooling rest for the already-weary feet for a few minutes.  This airport has never shown any activity that I've seen.  There are a couple of hangars there and occasionally a door will be open exposing a plane set up for spraying crops, but I've never seen one in action.  But the shade trees are nice.
A couple miles farther than I normally ride recently, but that's a good thing.  More miles and more carbs burned.
Speaking of feet.  Mine have been feeling a tad better recently and I've been able to stand and work longer on them - little by little.  Wonderful stuff, feeling better.  God is Great.

Ride Started:   8:57 AM      Ride Ended:  10:26 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2
 Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0

Beginning Blood Glucose: 133 Ending BG: 89
Lowest Temp:  78 F    Highest Temp:    86 F
Distance Walked: .6 mile (Dog Potty Trips)
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  7.10
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.8
MPH                              7.4 MPH               25.5 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  1 hour 29
mins                    57 minutes           31  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment