Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Around Town W/O Wally World

Today's Roundabout Path Tracking 

It's been pea-soup fog and almost continual rain the last couple of days so I haven't
been in the mood to ride for some reason.
Today started out with only light fog which soon burned off to expose a lovely sunny
day.  I was working on the house until late afternoon, and almost missed the chance to "ride while the sun shined".  I had the trike out, since I had used it for the 1/3 mile run to Mountain Grove Lumber - just across the tracks - to pick up some long lag screws I needed.
About five-ish I was done remodeling for the day, and it was still sunny out, and no cold breeze.  I locked up the tools and unlimbered the trike for another run.
As usual, it was great to take a spin and stretch my legs. 
Locals seem to be getting used to my contraption, since I get more and more waves and smiles as I cruise along.
I had initially thought I would do my usual Wal-Mert run but as I rode along at this relatively late time I noticed the traffic was the usual at around 5 PM:  Quite heavy.
There's a good sized Town & Country store on my side (South) of SuperHighway 60.  I don't often shop there but since all smaller stores try to compete price-wise with Wally's World (and nowadays often sell for less), I did my $5 worth of purchases there.
The remainder of the ride around town back to the house was fun and uneventful.
I had turned on my headlamp about halfway through the trip but found it was DEAD when I got home, so I took a few minutes to replace the batteries before locking things up.  These LED light batteries last quite a while but not forever...

Ride Started: 5:11 PM Ride Ended: 6:07 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.2 Ending Battery Voltage: 13.0 Lowest Voltage: 13.0
Lowest Temp: 68 F Highest Temp: 70 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 201    Ending BG: 67
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 6.44
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
   5.1 MPH                             7.5 MPH            25.7 MPH

Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
1 hour 15 mins                     51 minutes           24 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment