Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Update from Downtown MO

 Monday's GPS Tracking

I have all this STUFF waiting for me to get caught up on, and it unfortunately goes VERY slow.
The climate here in Mountain Grove causes ALL vegetation to GROW at exponential rates.  
I have to continually:
- Pick up Black Walnuts cluttering the yard
- Mow the Grass almost every week
- Clip Shrubs all over the yard
- Pick up Fallen Branches
- Cut WEEDS
- Every few days it seems I have to cut big limbs or even a TREE:



Which cuts into my available time to Fix and Remodel the house and garage.  Poor  Me.  Sob.
Such stuff also exhausts me and cuts into available energy and time for fun things like riding the trike 
leisurely around town.
Yesterday, Monday, I had the good usual excuse for a ride:  Jacque had a prescription filling at 
Wally World and a couple other items to buy.  
So I dragged out the trike and hooked up the B.O.B. Trailer and took off.
The weather has been cooling lately so I wore a yellow cycling Tee Shirt and a light jacket over my
existing shirt, with long pants instead of shorts.  I assumed I would have to peel some outside layers 
somewhere along the way, but it didn't happen.  It was finally warm enough to unzip the jacket a little 
on the way home, but all layers remained in place.
Being a Ham Radio Former Fanatick, I always listen to the onboard Ham Radio while riding, and 
occasionally am able to talk to some local hams when not blocked by too much hill or vegetation.
I had the radio scanning che channels and was surprised to hear an Aeronautical Mobile (Airplane pilot in the Air) talking.  I looked to see what channel he was on.  I was surprised to find he was on a simplex channel, 146.52.  This is the FIRST time I've heard anyone on this frequency since moving to MO.
He wan't very strong, but when he transmitted that he was listening for more stations, I gave it a try.
Surprisingly enough, he heard me, and chatted with me for a couple of go-rounds, then went on to talk with others calling him.  Fun Stuff.

Ride Started: 10:18 AM           Ride Ended: 12:21 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.4 Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 47 F Highest Temp: 67 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 175    Ending BG: 48
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.17
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
2.7 MPH                              5.8 MPH            23.2 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
1 hour 55 mins                     53 minutes         1 hour 2 mins





   



No comments:

Post a Comment