Tuesday, November 9, 2021

BEAUTIFUL Day for a Ride

 The Usual GPS Tracking via Ham Radio and APRS
 

Correction:  I misspoke about Jacque's riding history.  I'm STILL proud of her effort today - -

Today dawned without sunshine, but was not at all threatening.  I got a few things done and then Jacque got notice she had a couple of prescriptions waiting at our local Big Box store, giving me a great excuse for a ride longer than "Just around the block".
I got a couple things done on the New Sewing Room:
- I got the big door installed on its Barn Door Slide Bar.
- Then I got the handles and guide wheel set up;
- Then I had to take the Door back down and recess the inside handle so it would clear properly.
By this time I was more than ready for a ride to stretch my legs.
Jacque, of a sudden, decided she also wanted to ride across town with me.  Nothing unusual about that except she hasn't ridden more than a couple miles in over a year.
Well, she loves the stretching in her own legs when we've taken short rides together, and she can always turn around if she gets too tired.  Just like I can....
So she took off on her Catrike several minutes before I did, assuming I would quickly catch up with her.
I went a slightly different direction, dropping off a small bag of surplus castoffs at the local Thrift Store.
I caught up with her, all right..... Eventually.  She had a tall "Don't Tread on Me" Gadsden snake flag on the back of her trike -

 Gadsden Flag (Dont tread On Me Yellow) 12 X 18 inch with grommets

and I finally spotted it, almost a quarter mile ahed after my "vigorous" pedaling.
We made it to the Big Box store after crossing the US 60 overpass and, as we rolled into the parking lot I was a few feet ahead of Jacque and I heard a small commotion as I approached the bike stand to park the trikes.  I dismounted and turned around to a most amazing sight:

- About the CUTEST little punkin we've bumped into in at least a few hours...
We didn't catch this friendly little beauty's name.  She had jumped loosed from her Mama's hand and chased after me when I passed her without seeing her.  She then spotted Jacque who opened up her arms and said "You want to ride with ME??"  Upon which the toddler jumped into Jacque's lap and rode the rest of the 100 feet or so to the bike rack where I was parked.  We were so tickled to meet her, I didn't even THINK about my GoPro camera or the cellphone camera until she was safely back in her Mom's shopping cart.
As per our usual habit, we had arrived shortly after One-ish, meaning the Pharmacy was "Closed for Lunch" until somewhere around 2:00 PM.  So we got to wait again.
After a bit of wandering around, I sat down on a pharmacy waiting bench to rest my tired feets for a bit ...... and waited what seemed to be quite a while.   Jacque texted me that she was going home without me, since she rides slower and we only needed one body to sit around and wait for the pills.
"Promptly" at 2:00, the pharmacists arrived and cranked open the windows, and after letting a couple of ladies go ahead of me, I finally got the prescriptions and saddled up to go home.
This was SUCH a pretty day for riding.  The sun didn't show its face until just before sundown, but it was just cool enough to be pleasant without a sprinkle of rain.   AND I was SO proud that sweet Jacque had made such "Big Time" mileage with only a bit of sore feet to show for it.

Ride Started: 12:52 PM           Ride Ended:  2:50 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 61 F Highest Temp: 68 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  225   Ending BG: 107
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.07
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  3.2 MPH                              5.2 MPH            23.1 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 54  minutes            1 hour 10 mins     44 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment