Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Unwanted Interruptions

Monday's abortive Track

This is another of my day late and a dollar short posts.  Whatever.
Monday, i.e., yesterday, was wet, dark, windy, and cold.
No rain was falling at the time so I saddled up the Catrike and B.O.B. trailer to take a package to the Post Office as well as a couple bags of STUFF for the local Thrift Store.
I barely got out of the yard and onto the paved street when I noticed a distinct rubba-rubba-Thump.  At first I figured it must be bumps in the pavement, not uncommon in our neck of the woods.  I pedaled a few more yards and the annoying noise continued, with no evident cracks or bumps in the road.  I checked the trailer tire, suspecting it might be low.  It was fine.  When I checked the rear tire on the Trike, it was sadly almost totally flat.  By now I was almost 100 yards from home, and the process of dragging the trike and trailer back to the garage was not easy nor pleasant.  With the flat rear tire, the trike kept trying to overturn while being dragged, and the wet and slop helped with unpleasantness.
Now it was actually precipitating, and it was not helping the process or my surly mood.   I finally got the Schrader adapter on the Presta valve stem and eventually was able to get some air into the tire at 45 PSI.  Then it was a struggle to find where I'd laid my gloves, and a few other mis-steps, and finally I was on my way again.  The moisture did not soak me clear through, and I suffered no other interruptions as I wimped along.
Got home OK, trike and trailer safely back into shelter in the garage, built a fire in the garage wood stove.....

Life is Good.

Ride Started: 12:12 PM           Ride Ended:  12:34 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 47 F Highest Temp: 50 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  205   Ending BG: 98
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  1.37
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  2.5 MPH                              4.3 MPH            13.4 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
   33  minutes                        19 minutes         14 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment