Monday, November 8, 2021

Odd Tripper

 Route Previousyly Unexplored?

I surprised myself this morning - finding I had neglected to record several recent "Bike Trips" in this blog.
I parenthesize Bike Trips, as a means of minimizing their importance in a world where several other cycling enthusiasts are riding USA coast to coast, and even a precious few who are trying to circumnavigate the globe.
Howesomever, since even my minor forays into the area seem to help with my aging bod, regulate diabetical blood sugar, and even Elevate my MOOD, I proffer a few remarks for friends and family bored enough to read my driving drivel.  Let's see, did my GHS Bulldog English teacher Mrs. Smith call any of that alliteration?  More likely:  drivel.

Fall has arrived here in the Ozarks along with cooler weather, and a couple of frost warnings.  The last few days have been sunny and mild, leaving me with no excuse for not riding more often.
Sure, I'm retired, but the "projects" and "chores" tend to pile up.  The older I get, it seems that I'll never get caught up with the yard maintenance, house maintenance, car maintenance..... BAH.
Saturday the 6th, day before yesterday, I did dig the Catrike out of the garage and got in a couple miles.
Sweet Wife  instructed me to pick up some hot dogs at the grocery store near us, so that was my first stop.
Afterwards, I detoured a bit from my usual route and rode a loop through some streets I had not "done" before.  As usual, the ride opened up my lungs, improved my pulse rate, lowered my blood glucose a bit, and I felt more alive and alert when I got home.  

Which is a Wonderful Thing.

Ride Started: 3:38 PM           Ride Ended:  4:40 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.8   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 72 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  205   Ending BG: 128
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  1.37
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  2.5 MPH                              4.3 MPH            13.4 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
   33  minutes                        19 minutes         14 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment