Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Eating Dirt & Outrunning Dogs

 Wednesday Wanderings GPS Track

 Having an appointment with our favorite local pedicurist, I got going on the Trike much earlier than I usually do:  

Left the house a little after 9 AM for my 9:30 appointment.  Such appointments have proven highly worth the time and money incurred, since the Maestro Wally has taken my brittle and crumbling toenails and somehow trimmed them painlessly and caused them to stop falling apart.

Try these guys if you're anywhere in the vicinity:
https://www.facebook.com/people/California-Nails/100027587996908/

Feeling spunky afterward, methought I'd try a different route home.  Regretted it almost immediately.
My GPS map shows a route around the northwest side of Our Town just adjacent to US 60 and looping around the city dump and wastewater ponds.  The pavement disappeared quickly and the further I went the worser the "road" turned out to be.  I finally encountered a chain link fence blocking further progress and retraced my route back to the much more enjoyable paved streets.
I think I broke my previous self speed record at 27+ MPH, of course going down a long hill with a stiff tailwind.  Which turned into a headwind at times, of course going UP hill, which caused me to rejoice in Grandma Gear.
Coming down First Street, within a few blocks of home, a rather large LOOSE dog noticed me and gave chase, running diagonally across the yard and into the street behind me.  I laughed aloud at him initially, since I was cruising along maybe 15 MPH.  I was quickly motivated when I realized he was gaining on me, so I had to put more old man muscle into the pedals to gain more distance.
Escaping that particular hazard unscathed, I threaded my way through the remaining back streets toward home. 
I did mention the gusty wind, right?  As I turned a sharp corner next to out railroad tracks, a sudden blast of wind popped a nasty dose of sand right into my face - and MOUTH.  Spitting like a 'baccy chewer, I slowed down and slurped a couple mouthfuls from my water bottle, rinsed and SPIT again.
Hurray.  Clean mouth again.

 Ride Started:  9:03 AM           Ride Ended:   2:48 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.7
Lowest Temp: 53 F Highest Temp: 60 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  105   Ending BG: 160
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.18
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg          Max Speed
  3.1 (?) MPH                    6.3 MPH             27.6  MPH
Total Trip(s) Time              Moving Time        Stopped Time
 2 hours                            59 minutes          1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment