Sunday, December 18, 2022

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Sunday Coolness GPS Track 

Is it even legal to ride on Sunday??  Non-accusatory comments welcome...
I hadn't ridden for a few days due to a drizzly-nose cold, flu, RSV, COVID, who knows.
No fever nor weird problems so it must not be drastical.  Still woke up this morning, after all.
Today was another of those wonderful bright sunny days where the temperature took a long time to get above freezing.  Our local weather beacon claims it made it to 42 degrees today but that may have been in a sheltered area with the sun shining on it....
We loafed around the house, napping to build up our strength, don'tcha know.
I had a handwritten letter to mail, and hoping to get it to its destination before Christmas, I decided I wanted it to go out first thing tomorrow (Monday) morning.  That means it should be in the post office first thing....  A very short distance away but a qualified reason to take a short trike ride if there ever was one.
Still suffering from minor drizzlies, I layered up for the big venture.  Grizzly "Warm Sox", boots, puffy vest, insulated coverhauls, skull cap. mittens..... Almost forgot to take the letter with me.
I first tucked the coverall legs into the tops of my leather boots but after only a block or so they had popped out, letting that dreaded frigid air in, so I pulled over and applied my handy velcro strips to hold them tight.  No problem after that.
I did NOT get  overheated for some reason.
I was happy to find the Post Office lobby open and found it easy to drop the letter in the box and proceed onward.  I was feeling so "comfy" I thought about taking a few miles the long way home but the niggling sore throat convinced me otherwise.
On the way back I heard some chatter in a yard as I rode by.  I didn't look to see who or how many, but was rewarded with a young voice calling "HEY!!" - obviously having spotted me.  I waved wildly backwards, again without looking.  I was close to home and was motivated to get there.

Ride Started: 3:03 PM           Ride Ended:  3:18 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.5
Lowest Temp: 42 F Highest Temp: 50 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  175   Ending BG: 105
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  1.34
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.5 MPH                             7.0 MPH           14.5  MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
  18 minutes                     12  minutes         6  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment