Wednesday, May 25, 2011

After Joplin, These NM Winds aren't Bad at All

The midwest is still being hammered with violent thunderstorms, hail, and tornados as we speak, so to say.
So me complaining about 40 or 50 MPH winds sounds kinda wimpy by comparison.
It's been breezy and uncharacteristically cool for this late in May, but for both yesterday and today, the wind has not been unpleasant even when facing it head-on on the bike.
Something has gone south again with my cheapie camera.  I have been able to capture only the first few minutes of video on it since I got home from Dayton Hamvention.  I tried formattiing the SD flash drive in it this mornning - which cured all kinds of trouble last time I tried it.  This time nothing changed.  The daily vibration rattling along on the handlebars  cannot lead to long life for this thing anyway.  I'll work on a better helmet mount I guess.
I am occasionally getting tired of riding the bike daily with the associated delays and hassles involved, but it is still fun once on it and under way.   That, plus the lassitude that sets in on days when I DON'T ride...... I just feel livelier after riding the bicycle, and at my age (just turned 64) anything that helps the lively is actively sought for.
Awakening BG:  202                              Post-Ride BG:  123
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7:34
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
11.6  Mph                          11.9 mph             21.4 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
38:00 mins                          37:05 mins            00:55 mins

On my ride home tonight, I encountered a staggering drunk who waddled out in front of me.  I passed him carefully and said "Hi".  He slurred "Hi" right back and then launched into a screaming diatribe about how much he hated cops.  Perhaps he thought I was a cop because of all the radios and electronics on the bike.  By this time I was well past him and he was in no shape to chase after me even if I was walking.  Several hundred yards on past and I could still hear him yowling..... (sigh).  Regretfully I did not get any of this thrilling action on the video handlebar-cam.
Beginning BG:  156                              Post-Ride BG: 146
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.36
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
11.3  Mph                          11.8 mph             26.5  mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
38:59 mins                        37:24 mins            01:35 mins 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment