Friday, May 6, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

I skipped riding the bike to work on Wednesday and Thursday because I needed more time in the evenings to resume work on Jacque's Sewing Room Addition to our house.  I stopped working on this early this last winter because I was wanting more time to ride the bike and what with the added hour or so lost every day doing that, I just couldn't find the energy or motivation to work on it after dark when I was hungry and tired.
I almost finished one critical part of the process:  The existing used-to-be-exterior window (which now faces the inside of the new partially finished sewing room, which was forged out of the end corner of the NE end of our roofed deck) is to be removed and the resulting hole enlarged to make a wide doorway.  Sounded simple, but when (last Winter) I removed the exterior siding underneath that window, I found the house AC wiring routed through that section of wall.  I couldn't very well just cut the wire and forget it:  It powers several heavily used outlets in that small bedroom that now serves as a combo office / Sewing Room.  I was able to re route the wire OVER the impending doorway, so I can now finish removing the window and rhe framework underneath it and make it into the nice wide doorway we desire.
Last night I didn't get anything done on the house since we had to go to Rocky Mountain RV down on Central and pick up a new RV awning we'd ordered to replace the ragged failing one on our 1993 very-faded RV.
Tonight is date night, being Friday, so nothing will happen on the room tonight either.  So I decided to ride the bike again.  A great morning it was, too, with a bit of a cool headwind that barely kept me cool enough to keep me from overheating.  Our rapid temperature changes from day to day are amazing..... we had 23 dgrees on Monday and Tuesday, 28 degrees on Wednesday, 36 degrees yesterday (Thursday), and 42 degrees this morning.  So a very heavy-frost Monday to a practically shirt-sleeve Friday.... (I wore only the windbreaker for a jacket this morning, no other cool weather gear).
With the springtime extra daylight available I hope to stay motivated enough to finish Jacque's sewing room in a few more weeks, whether I ride the bike or not.
Awakening BG:  120   Post-Ride BG: 98
Morning Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 7:45
Overall average speed     Moving Avg       Max Speed
09.8 Mph                          10.8 mph            20.9 mph
Total Trip time                Moving Time       Stopped Time
45:41 mins                        41:35 mins          04:05 mins

Going back to the car from work was mostly pleasant, with only a minor near-encounter with a cyclist who wasn't looking around when he made the turn at high speed:
Now, of course, I've never been guilty of assuming I have a clear shot ahead of me....
Beginning BG:  204                              Post-Ride BG: 159
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.44
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.9  Mph                          11.0 mph             20.6  mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
44:59 mins                          40:29 mins            04:30 mins 

No comments:

Post a Comment