Monday, July 30, 2012

NMMR (Normal Monday Mail Run)

Another Boring Radio . GPS (APRS) Track
Jacque and I both rode our human powered vehicles (HPV's) today, but largely separately.  She decided to take off on a post office run with or without me, and since I was not yet ready, she was almost an hour ahead of me.  She rode on up to the Triangle Shell station, another quarter mile or so, and enjoyed her soda-fountain lemonade leisurely before she rode back.  She'd been gone so long I worried she might have broken down somewhere, but not to worry.  I met her when she was halfway back on her return leg home,. and since all I had to do was drop off an envelope with a house payment, I had a quick turnaround and caught up with her just as she entered the home gate.  I compared temperature readings between my bike sensor and the house thermometer and was shocked to see a 10 degree difference... the bike sensor reading too low.  I'd been wondering at the relatively cooler temperatures it's been reporting, so now I have to change the cal factor on the OpenTracker that monitors and transmits the temperature as the air blows by.
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.2   --    Ending Voltage: 13.0
Lowest Temp:   87 F                 Highest Temp:  92 degrees F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:     5.57
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
05.9 MPH                                8.2 MPH                   25.1 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
57 mins  25 secs                   40 mins  51 secs        17 mins  2 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment