Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday, a Tradition Continued

Today's Tracking Courtesy of Ham Radio and APRS

It's a Joke, Son.... our "Tradition" may well be almost a week old by now.
So, we took Sunday off and enjoyed not riding, resting our weary bods, but this morning we were ready to go again.  We're  both trying to improve or at least maintain our health,so it's biking long or short for us.....
Jacque again surprised me by going riding with me again this morning.
We rode our individual Catrikes this time, which makes it easier on  me since my trike is so lightweight compared to the big tandem.  We started early enough we knew the mail wouldn't yet be "up", so we went the same directions.  Lilly rode with me again and Tinkerbell, the Senior Princess,  rode with Jacque.
I got ahead of Jacque and noticed the road dept. was destroying the right shoulder of Frost Road between Tumbleweed and Mountain Valley Road.  The shoulder, where cyclists normally ride, was completely blocked. Trying to avoid having to ride out in the traffic lane, I turned north on Tumbleweed. One of our dearest friend families lives there, and sure enough, they pulled out and waved at me with the kiddos cramming the windows as they drove by.

The weather was again remarkably nice, and this early in the day it was just cool enough to be pleasant.
I thought Jacque would come the same route as I did, but I met her as I headed back south on Mountain Valley.  She had ridden in the traffic lane and found it not too bad.  As I rode on up to Frost Road and headed west, I was again disgusted with the poor condition of the road shoulder, with rocks, debris, pits and bumps for that mile - comparing unfavorably with the opposite shoulder on the same stretch going east.
The rest of the day I found myself less exhausted than I felt last week, so hopefully I am rebuilding a little bit of stamina here....

Ride Started: 10:36 AM Ride Ended:  12:11 PM
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.35
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
5.1 MPH                               7.9 MPH                  26.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 19 mins                      1 hour 11 mins          38 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment