Thursday, March 9, 2017

Sad Sack Rides Again

Today's Short Intense Tracking

Today I discovered a deep dark secret.  I'M OUT OF SHAPE.
Here and I thought my other larger bikes were so much heavier than my little Catrike that it was causing me trouble.  Today I rode my little Catrike and discovered my lazy legs STILL struggle even riding the lightweight.
My ride-every-day-possible goals have been sideswiped by my normal excuses:  Too busy to stay healthy.
So I've been lucky to ride once a week, which is NOT enough to keep the legs limbered.
Today was another ride to the Post Office to send off a horrible payment to the dentist.  The weather was beautiful, no wind whatsoever and warm and sunny, but I struggled even without the dreaded headwinds.
I overdressed with a long sleeve wicking under-layer but after getting the trike ready to ride it was already too warm so I peeled out of the inner layer and did not miss it at all.
I had no doggies weighing me down either, so..... it was only me.
We have a new Windoze 10 install on our newest computer at the house, so I now have the ability to post videos again.  Of course, I rode off without the GoPro this morning so maybe next time something thrilling will happen on camera while riding.

Ride Started: 10:03 AM Ride Ended:  11:34 AM
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  5.50
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
4.7 MPH                               3.5MPH                   26.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 31 mins                      1 hour 5 mins           26 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment