Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Salvage Utility Ride

Today's GPS Tracking

We arrived home from our latest 2-week mini RV vacation yesterday.  Having had few opportunities to ride while traveling, at least any much of a distance, I was determined to ride at least a few today.
Our area is in a bit of a drought currently, with about the last 48 hours without major rain.  Today was sunny, though forecast for possible rain. 
Today was another first for me: 
SHORTS???

Jacque picked out these shorts at Walmart while on the aforementioned RV trip.  I've never worn shorts other than for swimming before but the Midwest heat and humidity have gotten to me sufficient to try them.  I can't say I'm already comfortable exposing my fishbelly white legs but the ride today did seem a bit cooler.  We'll see how much I can stand such exposure.... Or somebody calls the cops for indecent displays.
In spite of piddling too much time away, I got going while the sun was still shining.  I had 20+ pounds of aluminum cans and hitched up the B.O.B. trailer and bungeed the bag of cans and took off.  The salvage yard is only a couple miles away and it didn't take me long to get there.  Their sign claimed paying 30 cents a pound for aluminum cans but they only paid me 25 cents a pound.  I'll have to look into that in the future.  For that long a ride I need the extra buck.... HAW.
at this point I checked my blood glucose.  My tester and contents were still SOAKING wet from my ride in the rain FIVE DAYS ago.  The tester thankfully worked OK but Guess I better open up that pannier and air things out. 
I then rode over to our lawncare teenager's house  to pay him for mowing our lawn while we were gone.  He was not home but his Daddy promised to faithfully give him the greenbacks when he got home.
I got home myself, safe, sound, tired, and dry.  It may still rain yet.

Ride Started:  1.13 PM      Ride Ended:  2:33 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.7  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  12.5
Beginning Blood Glucose:    141     Ending BG: 98
Lowest Temp:  75 F    Highest Temp:  82 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.06

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   4.4   MPH                           6.5  MPH            26.6 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 hour 9 mins                    74
 minutes             22 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment