Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wasted Trip? NAH

There's a Book with This Title: WAITING FOR THE TRAIN

My goal for triking today was fairly utilitarian:  Make a visit to our local insurance agent to make sure our RV was legal - since we plan to take a short trip in it in the near future.
With documents safely stowed in my pannier, I rode the uneventful 3 or so miles to the insurance office, just north of Walmart.
Imagine my surprise to find no insurance office:  No signs, no nothing.  Just an empty building under renovation with construction materials behind the plate glass windows, where only a few weeks ago, an insurance office existed where we entered, dealt with the agent, and obtained Missouri based insurance for our property including car(s).  
With no indication of a new location, I called the main insurance toll free number (Progressive) and found our agent no longer existed;  she had gone out of business without warning.
Thankfully, we really had insurance, paid up.  Evidently she had not spent our money without forwarding payment to the main company.  The nice fellow on the phone was able to add our RV to our coverage, over the cell phone, whilst I sat parked under a shade tree at the edge of the rather warmish parking lot.
That done (I could have done all that without leaving home!), I pedaled my way home.
About halfway up Oakland Street on the way home, I was accosted by a nice young feller riding his upright DF (Diamond Frame) bike.  He was all curiosity about my trike, with a dozen questions as we rode along side by side.  He accompanied my several blocks before he turned off to go his way.
Of course by the time I got back it was quite warmish, and both me and my feet were glad to get in out of the sun and cool off a bit.

Ride Started:  10:33 AM      Ride Ended:  12:33 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.3 Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:    108     Ending BG: 59
Lowest Temp:  72 F    Highest Temp:  75 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.47

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   2.7   MPH                           6.3  MPH            15.4 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 hour 59 mins                  52
 minutes           1 hour 7 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment