Saturday, June 29, 2019

You See the Derndest Things

Today's GPS Tracking

I donned my new shorts and took off again much earlier than I normally tend to, trying to beat the afternoon temperatures and humidity.  It worked, pretty much, though it was plenty warm and humid already.
Of course it will be worser later on today.
I had no shopping nor chores to do today, so I was able to just ride around at my leisure.  This time I rode a backwards loop on the east central side of town up to the Walmart exit ramp and got on westbound Route 60 from there and rode the 2-3 miles to the easternmost entrance ramp to Mountain Grove, then "Business 60" to the center of town & the few blocks back to the house.
I had to stop and rest the feet maybe 3 times but the feet continued to cool off and resume pedaling.
There are lots of critters in this country.  Around home we have seen squirrels, moles, all kinds of birds and bugs, and a skunk or two squashed on the side of the street.
Turtles seem to have suddenly started appearing in yards and along the roadways.
Along the highway we see lots of carcasses of possum and:
Armadillo (or as my cousin Jerry Anderson describes it as "Possum on the Half-Shell"
Dead Birds of all sorts, too many deer, skunks, squirrels, all fall victim to "Crossing the Highway".
Hopefully no one will ever find MY squashed carcass along the roadway.  So far all vehicles large and small have given me plenty of clearance, what with my 11 foot tall antenna-flags and bright blinky red tail light.
I grabbed quite a few tire treads, stones, tree limbs and other odds and ends and threw them off the road shoulder along the way, as is my usual habit.  These smelly carcasses I don't touch.... Just look.

Ride Started:  8.57 AM      Ride Ended:  10:42 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:   130   Ending BG: 128
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:  78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  8.47
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   5.0   MPH                           6.9  MPH            25.8 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 hour 13 
 mins                 1 hour 13  mins     28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment