Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Hurray, Another Sunny Day

 Today's GPS/Ham Radio Tracking

More items to pick up at our Big Box Store, and the day was again nice, so away I went again pedaling the trike.... very handy since we are still without a running petroleum powered vehicle.
I did the usual route, and before I departed the Big Box parking lot, I checked my Blood Glucose (BG) and found it was a tad low.  I again popped a Glucose Tablet, suspended my insulin pump, and started for home.   I had only gotten a couple hundred yards and got stopped at the light on the overpass at Highway 60.  I felt "guilty" about having the pump not doing anything, so while waiting for the green light, I set the basal rate to 50% and rode onward.

I had only pedaled another hundred yards or so when I started feeling "punk", so I stopped to check my BG again.  Bummers:  It was 69, a bit low.  So I suspended the pump again and rode home.
I must be going through some sort of change in my metabolism or whatever.  For over 20 years being on an insulin pump, I have seldom experienced the sudden drops and dangerous lows in my blood sugar.
On many occasions I have seen my BG in the low 20's and 30's (at one time it tested at 18) without experiencing blackouts or loss of function.  Prior to recent changes, I was always able to eat or drink something sweet and quickly recover.
Since my comatose episode in December, I have ceased being casual about keeping track of  BG.
Months and years ago, 69 would have given me no worry whatever.  Now my endocrinologist sets my pump to maintain my BG from a low of 80 to a high of 120.  Most all non-diabetic people I have ever tested with my tester have invariably shown a reading of 65 or so. 
If I don't ride the trike, I get tired doing other work, such as house remodels, plumbing, wiring, lumber, etc, but such non-riding efforts don't seem to  drop my BG nearly as much - NOR give me the privilege of feeling better, sleeping better, etc.
So now I'm a worry wart.  Oh Well.

Ride Started: 11:04 PM           Ride Ended: 12:56 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.5   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  157   Ending BG: 69
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 6.3
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 3.5 MPH                              5.9 MPH            21.6 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 46  minutes            1 hour 3 minutes     43 minutes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment