Sunday, March 28, 2021

A Few Recent Goofy Stories

 Tuesday's Track via GPS and Ham Radio

Wednesday's Wild Ride with Passenger Jack 

Friday's Tracking 

Saturday GPS Tracking

Obviously I haven't recently been a steady blogger about my marvelous pedal-wanderings on my Catrike.
For some reason - even though I'm supposedly retired and doing more work for free than I did when I was fully employed, I keep having trouble finding time to sit down and keep up with blogs and what - have - you.
With several sunny and other "rideable" days, I had little excuse to avoid getting out and around, and at least a minor errand or two for motivations to pedal around.

I'm not real sure what I rode around for on Tuesday, but one of the local banks and a very local grocery store are on that circuit, so maybe that was it.
Wednesday was another GREAT excuse to ride:  My buddy Jack, around 5 years old, came to visit while his Mom played sewing machines with Jacque.  I waddled into the garage to set up his car-seat in the B.O.B. trailer and by the time I got it set up, out of the garage and rigged up, Jack and Mom were headed out the door.  Their car had been left a couple blocks away at the garage, and instead of allowing them to just walk away, I suggested hauling Jack on the trailer while Mom walked and got her exercise.  Nobody objected, Jack most importantly, so off we went.  We got in almost a mile of zig-zagging around by the time Mom's car was ready.
Now Friday.  I pedaled over to my fave local barbershop for a badly needed haircut, but he was booked up for the rest of the afternoon.  Disappointed, I started for home and then remembered a place called "The Fade Co." up toward the north end of town.  The lady barber there took me for her last customer of the day, and did a nice job on my skull.
Yesterday, Saturday.  I wanted to get in s few miles and took off but suddenly noticed some dark fast moving threatening clouds coming in directly overhead and decided to cut it short in hopes of avoiding a soaking.  Avoid it I did indeed.  When I got home it was beginning to sprinkle and moments after I got safely into the house, the rain stopped and didn't resume. 
Go Figure.  With my luck, it would have POURED on me if I had kept riding.  OH Well.

Ride Started: 2:48 PM           Ride Ended: 4:02 PM  (Friday Ride)
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.8   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 64 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  121   Ending BG: 93
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.9 MPH                              7.1 MPH            16.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 56  minutes                          40 minutes         14 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment