Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Lost in Space ?

Track of the Wanderer 

Today likely should have been April 1st instead of March 31st.  Last night on the news we got a freeze warning for Thursday, but this morning, Wednesday, it didn't Freeze, but it was downright COLD.  Cold winds sufficient to require decent coats when outside for more than a few frigid moments.
In spite of all that, our contractors were on the job first thing this morning, digging out more dirt and roots and junk for the new sewing room foundation.  They actually poured CONCRETE later about mid-day and we are pumped.  They may actually get this concrete floor and foundation in place sooner rather than later.
Of course, depending upon the weather.
This day was sunny and bright, after the sun burned through the cold clouds - but it remained really cold.
The concrete truck managed to get on 3 angles to the pour - without burying the wheels in the soft grass and spongy ground so prevalent hereabouts.  I tried to help a little bit without getting in the way, but our contractor seemed to know what he was doing - with or without my "help".
After a couple of lengthy sore-feet breaks, I decided I should take advantage of the sunny, if frigid, weather and go for a trike ride. 
I had been a bit more foggy brained than usual all day.  However, even if the brain is weak, the aged bod still needs stretching and aerobic intake, yada yada.
So, though a little later than I should have, I bundled up and took off.
I've been getting a bit bored with my "usual" route of trying to make a 5-miler out of the limited paved perimeter streets around our sleepy city, so I went a less familiar direction.  Less traffic was encountered, which was fine, and I zigged and zagged a bit - in an attempt to rack up a couple miles in a short time.  I knew most of the areas I pedaled around, but I got on a slightly different block and wasn't quite sure where I was.  I arrived at an intersection where the street was labeled "State St."  and it didn't quite compute.  So I turned around and backtracked to the more familiar area of the city center square and went on home. 
Looking at the track map when I got back, I realized my minor confusion:  State Street is more commonly also known as 3rd Street.... The MAIN DRAG going east-west through town. 
Sigh.  A brain is a terrible thing to waste.... Or lose.
Thankfully, my brain fog seemed to lift after cooling off from the ride. 
So it appears that activity and exercise could be beneficial for a foggy brain....
As well as a saggy body.

Ride Started: 4:18 PM           Ride Ended: 4:57 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 45 F Highest Temp: 52 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  83   Ending BG: 75
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 3.10
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.7 MPH                              5.7 MPH            13.0 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
  40  minutes                        33 minutes          7 minutos

No comments:

Post a Comment