Monday, March 29, 2021

Nice Weather for a Couple Days?

Monday, Monday.... GPS Happy Trails

I actually got a bit of useful activity accomplished today.
Early this morning, our fave local contractor showed up in the back yard, digging around our impending foundation to install sewer and drain pipes for the bathroom recently added to our addition plans.
I prolly dug out maybe 5 or 10 pounds of muck before I pooped out and left the rest of it to the younger dude.
BUT I had other chores to accomplish.  Our bathroom sink has been a sluggish drainer for weeks, if not months.  I had "committed" several times to clean it out, but TODAY I actually remembered  the issue long enough to get out some tools and work on it.
It turned out to be a fairly small knot of hair and goo just above the plastic trap, and didn't take too long to poke out the gunk.
I also caulked a few gaps around the plumbing entries to hopefully keep more "critters" from invading further.  A valid concern now that Spring is almost upon us and the weather is still wet but getting warmer, with the bugs rejoicing everywhere.
Taking a sore-feet rest break after all that work (maybe 2 hours), Jacque realized she had another prescription at our local Big Box pharmacy.  These are usually great excuses for taking a trike ride.
I checked my BG before leaving.  It was 156, a bit high.  However, I usually go low while riding, so I backed off my pump's basal rate to 75% for the estimated ride time.
My sore feets were not totally rested but with the bright sunny day I wanted and needed to do it so I took off.


I was a bit surprised at the warmth of the day, in spite of the brisk wind.  Evidently our high today was 64 degrees, which doesn't sound that warm.  Zipping around via foot-power warmed me fairly well, and I confess I popped a few snaps on my shirt to let in some breeze.  My shoes did not provide such ventilation, and more than once I thought about the need to wear my summer sandals again if the weather continues so warm.  Or warmer...
After picking up my treasured items at Big Box, I tested my BG again before pedaling home:  128
- Just 1 point higher than my "normal" upper limit of 120.  I left it alone for the time being.
Again, the ride was largely uneventful and I got home safe and sound, if worn out somewhat.  BG tested 50 when I got in the house, so I enjoyed some sugared soda (instead of my usual Diet) as an appetizer for Jacque's wonderful impending dinner.
Life is good, as usual.

Ride Started: 2:45 PM           Ride Ended: 4:00 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 64 F Highest Temp: 75 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  158   Ending BG: 50
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.94
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.4 MPH                            6.2 MPH         25.2 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
  1 hour 20  minutes              57 minutes        23 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment